It can be hard to know where to start when planning your dream trip.
What’s the first step? What’s the second? Third? Fourth?
Travel can seem like a daunting subject with so much information available and, the longer you go away, the more things you seem to have to think about.
I want to make planning your next gap year, family vacation, around the world, or backpacking trip simple and easy.
On this page, you’ll find a curated list of the best articles on this site related to planning a trip – whether it’s a two week vacation to Italy, or a year-long trip around the world. The tips are broken down into categories so you can find the information you need fast and effectively.
- Get Inspired
- How to Save For a Trip
- How to Plan Your Trip
- Get the Right Gear
- Find Cheap Airfare
- Find Affordable Accommodation
- Deal with Life on the Road
- Save Money on the Road
- Couples Travel
- Solo Female Travel
- Family and Senior Travel
My Top Content
Travel is more than just getting up and going. It’s about being knowledgeable so you can travel better, cheaper, and longer. Below you will find links to articles I’ve written that deal with planning your trip and other general advice so your total vacation is as amazing as it can be. These articles are relevant to any trip – no matter how long it is!
- How to Find Cheap Flights
- How to Find Cheap Accommodation
- How to Choose a Backpack
- How to Get an RTW Ticket
- 17 Steps for Planning a Trip
- My Ultimate Packing Guide
- How to Buy Travel Insurance
- 11 Tips for New Travelers
- My Favorite Hostels
- Solo Female Travel Tips
- How to Pick the Right Travel Credit Card
- 14 Travel Scams to Avoid
- 15 Ways to Work Overseas
- 14 Key Preparation Tips
- Too Many Places: How to Deal With Ovewhelming Options
- 8 Budget Vacation Ideas
- How to Make Your Trip 10x More Interesting
- Stay in Europe More Than 90 Days