Nomadic Matt’s Guide to Backpacking Europe
Last updated: January 2019
Details: 199 pages of expert budget travel advice (with maps!)
Made with love by travelers – for travelers!
See More of Europe for Less
Europe was the first stop on my first trip around the world. It was where I got to see history come alive as I wandered medieval cities, hillside towns, and the beautiful countryside. It was where I indulged in the incredible food and drink Europe is famous for.
I know planning a trip around an entire continent can be a lot of work.
That’s why I wrote this book.
This guidebook gives you an overview of how to travel around Europe so you get all the information you need in one easy-to-reference place. Other books out there that cover the continent try to be everything to everyone and, in the end, tell you nothing.
This book is not for everyone.
This book is for YOU – the intrepid budget traveler.
My advice comes from years of on-the-ground experience. I’ve been to Europe every year for the past fourteen years. I’ve led tours around the continent, spent months getting off the beaten track, sleeping in countless hostels, trying various restaurants, and getting to really know the continent.
This guidebook is made from the heart – from one traveler to another – and is filled with the specific, practical information I wished I had when I started traveling.
With this guidebook, you’ll get to see Europe the way it’s meant to be seen. You’ll get away from the crowds and see the local side of Europe by visiting my favorite sights, restaurants, and bars.
How This Book Will Help You
- Get the best and most unique sights, activities, museums, beaches, hikes, festivals, and walking tours in Europe so you can experience the destinations like a local.
- Get suggested budgets for each major region of Europe so you can maximize your funds and know how much you’ll need to save.
- Get curated money-saving tips not found anywhere else so you don’t waste your hard-earned money.
- Get up-to-date advice on the best and most affordable ways to get around Europe so you save time and money and arrive at your destination refreshed.
- Plan your travels better with over a dozen suggested itineraries (as well as expert advice on creating your own) so you get the most out of your time in Europe.
- Enjoy unique budget-friendly places to stay (based on firsthand experience) so you always have an affordable – and comforable – place to sleep.
- Experience the best bars, clubs, and cocktail lounges where you can hang out with locals and get away from the tourists.
- Get ALL the essential tips that make guidebooks important: information on tipping, visas, public holidays, embassies, currencies, emergency numbers, business hours, weather, and much, much more.
- Get an in-depth breakdown of Eurail passes to help you decide if one is right for your trip.
- Grasp all the visa requirements for traveling around the continent, including ways to stay past the 90-day Schengen Zone limit so you can stay longer (legally), with our detailed breakdown not found anywhere else!
- Get excited for your trip with a suggested list of the best books, movies, and music related to Europe.
Get Your Definitive Guide to Backpacking Europe Today!
This book contains the practical information you need to have a life-changing trip to Europe. Learn everything you need to know about traveling around Europe for only
Last updated: January 2019
Details: 199 pages of expert budget travel advice with maps
“I spent some time researching where to go and what to do on the internet before my trips but didn’t find anything as specific as Nomadic Matt’s guides. I really appreciated all of the free information on his website and found the guides to be an even greater value. Not too expensive, and a good amount of knowledge to digest while traveling. I’ll buy another guide in the future when I’m traveling again!” — Jonathan
Frequently Asked Questions
What makes your guide different?
What makes you an expert on Europe?
What’s the difference between this guide and the information on this site?
How will this save me money?
Is this guide available in print?
Are there special coupons inside?
If I have any questions or concerns, can I contact you?
How frequently is this guide updated?
MORE EUROPE TRAVEL GUIDES
Guide to Iceland
You’ll see the local side of Iceland as I take you off the tourist trail, save you money, and give you tips and tricks not found in mass market guidebooks.
Guide to Amsterdam
I’ll show you off the beaten path knowledge to help you move around the city, get away from the tourists, and find the places listed in no other guidebook.
Guide to Paris
I used my near decade of personal experience and expert knowledge to help you get off the beaten path and into the little secret spots free of tourists.
Guide to Stockholm
Stockholm can be a very expensive place to visit but with a few good tricks and hacks, you can easily have an affordable visit to one of the most beautiful cities in the world.
|Select Book Format|