Hi there traveler! I’m Nomadic Matt!
Travel Anywhere. No Matter Your Budget.
Have you ever said one of these things:
“I wish I could travel more but I can’t afford it.”
“I wish I could travel more but I don’t have the time.”
“I’m not sure how to start planning my trip.”
“I don’t know if I can save enough money for a trip.”
“I don’t know where to begin.”
I’ve been there. Like you, I used to think travel was something I could never afford to do. I didn’t grow up with much money and my family or friends didn’t travel much – and when we did it was to hotels and resorts. As I grew older, I worked all the time, my parents didn’t pay my way, and I was unsure of where to find the tools I needed to make travel a reality. I saw the commercials, watched the ads, and read the travel magazines and thought, “I’ll never be able to afford to travel.”
I’ve spent the last 15 years traveling the world and I am here to tell you that it is 100% possible – no matter where you are from or what your income level.
I put all of my knowledge into one easy-to-reference book! This New York Times best-seller takes the information on my website and goes into much more detail, and also features tips, tricks, and country breakdowns never talked about here on the blog! It condenses over 15 years of travel into one easy reference.
What You’ll Learn with This Book
- The art of saving for your trip – even if you only make a little money per year. I’ll show you how to be a savings machine.
- How to make your money work for you and never pay overseas bank fees again.
- How to get free — yes, FREE — airline tickets and save thousands!
- The ins and outs of round-the-world tickets (and whether or not you need one).
- What to look for in a backpack so you get one that lasts forever (and is always comfy).
- How to use travel credit cards to gain hundreds of thousands of free frequent-flier miles and hotel points.
- Where to send your mail and what to do with your stuff before you set off on your adventure.
- Where to find travel discount cards that can save you 40% or more on your trip.
- The secrets to eating cheaply in any city in the world.
- What travel insurance is, why you need it, and how to pick the right coverage provider.
- Why tourism cards are the best-kept travel secret and how to use them to save hundreds in any city.
- How I manage to cut my transportation costs by 50% and how you can too.
- All the ways you can get free accommodation – from someone’s couch to luxurious mansions.
- Stories, tips, and interviews with other travelers to learn from their successes – and failures – so you avoid rookie mistakes.
- A comprehensive list of all the best companies to use around the world.
PLUS – Get detailed costs for accommodation, food, drinks, transportation, and activities (and specific ways to cut those costs) for each region of the world, so you’ll know exactly how much everything costs, what you need to budget, and ways to save.
Whether a two-week, two-month, or two-year trip, we all want to stretch our money further. We want to find ways to travel longer and more often. My book will show you how to go anywhere you want without breaking the bank. I will reveal the tips that have kept me traveling to where I want, when I want. No matter how long you want to travel for, now you can.
Here’s what other travelers thought of this book:
“I’m a pretty frugal traveler and subscribe to Nomadic Matt’s blog. So I was curious what he had to say in his new book and whether it’d be better than what’s already on his blog. The verdict? It’s BETTER. While many of these tips might also be on his blog (though I know not all of them are), his new book organizes them in a very logical and helpful format.” – Peg
“This book gave me loads of INVALUABLE info for my upcoming trip to Europe! Little things that I never would have thought about otherwise. Matt gives the reader tidbits about every possible thing one could think of, and then you can expand your research from there, on the subjects you deem important for your personal journey. If you are a first-time backpacker, you must read this book. I paid something like 13 bucks for it. I’m a very budget conscious traveler, so it is worth its weight in gold!” – Heather
“Got more out of it than I ever expected! Great stuff! Worth your money, big time!” – Hannah
“I learned so much from this book. It was very helpful in planning my trip to Europe this summer and gave me some good tips on how to survive while in Europe. I would recommend this book to any traveler.” – Aimee