Nomadic Matt’s Guide to Bangkok
Details: 110 pages of expert budget travel advice (with maps!)
Last updated: January 2019
Wondering how you’re going to get around Bangkok or make the most of your visit?
Are you worried about getting stuck in tourist areas? Getting scammed? Or eating at the wrong street stall and getting sick?
Crowded and chaotic, Bangkok is often mischaracterized as a place with only temples, massage parlors, barely any tourist attractions, chaos, traffic, pollution, and parties. Most visitors never get past that image because they get caught up in the tourist / backpacker trail.
But, after spending close to fifteen years visiting and living in Bangkok, I know it like the back of my hand.
And I’ve used my personal experience to write this direct and straightforward guide so you can visit this exotic city like a local, avoid tourist traps, and save money.
In this guidebook, I share all my best tips, tricks, and secret spots so you don’t have to make rookie mistakes like falling for the tuk-tuk temple scam or being overcharged for a riverboat cruise.
Don’t be just another tourist in Bangkok.
Get this guide and see the local side of the city as I take you off the tourist trail and show you Bangkok’s inner world through my favorite sights, tours, restaurants, and bars!
How This Guidebook Will Help You
- Get money-saving tips and detailed suggested budgets so you’ll know how much you’ll need for your trip!
- Get two-, three-, and five-day itineraries to make planning and navigating as easy as possible so you don’t miss the really great stuff.
- Get the lowdown on all of Bangkok’s neighborhoods: where to go, what to see, where to stay, eat, shop, – and where to avoid!
- Get away from all the tourists and hang out with locals and expats with a nightlife list featuring bars, clubs, outdoor beer gardens, and cocktail lounges. (If I know anything, it’s where to get a good drink!)
- Get a list of all the city’s best street stalls, markets, and restaurants, from my favorite pad thai vendor to the best sushi and best soup and everything in between. Don’t settle for crappy noodles in the backpacker mecca of Khao San Road!
- Get inspired for your trip with these incredible books and movies about the City of Angels!
- Explore Bangkok’s most unique, beautiful, inexpensive, and overlooked sights. I suggest unique things to see and do that aren’t found in the other mass-produced guides.
- Learn the history of Bangkok and how it became the bustling metropolis it is today. After all, you can’t know a place unless you know its history.
- Get an extensive list of my favorite, unique budget-friendly places to stay, including hostels, guesthouses, hotels, and family-friendly accommodations.
- Learn how to master taxis, tuk-tuks, buses, riverboats, local ridesharing apps, and the subway so you can avoid getting ripped off and stuck in Bangkok’s traffic longer than necessary!
- Get ALL the essential tips that make guidebooks important: information on tipping, visas, public holidays, embassies, currencies, emergency numbers, airport transportation, business hours, weather, and much, much more.
Get the Definitive Travel Guide to Bangkok!!
This book cuts out the fluff found in other guidebooks and gets straight to the practical information you need. Learn everything you need to know about Bangkok for only
$14.99 $9.99 — and make your dream trip an easy reality!
Details: 110 pages of expert budget travel advice with maps
Last updated: January 2019
“I spent some time researching where to go and what to do on the internet before my trips, but didn’t find anything as specific as the Nomadic Matt guides. I really appreciated all of the free information on his website, and found the guides to be a great value. Not too expensive, and a good amount of knowledge to digest while traveling. I’ll buy another guide in the future when I’m traveling again!” — Jonathan
Frequently Asked Questions
What makes your guide different?
What makes you an expert on Bangkok?
What’s the difference between this guide and the information on this site?
How will this save me money?
Is this guide available in print?
Are there special coupons inside?
If I have any questions or concerns, can I contact you?
How frequently is this guide updated?
MORE TRAVEL GUIDES
Guide to Thailand
See more of Thailand for less! I’ll show you how to get off the well-trod tourist travel path, and have a fun time that yields a deeper understanding of the country, its people, and culture.
Guide to Hong Kong
I’ll show you off the beaten path knowledge to help you move around the city, get away from the tourists, and find the places listed in no other guidebook.
I wrote this guidebook to give you an overview of how to plan an extended trip around Europe so you get all the information you need in one, easy to reference place.
|Select Book Format||