See the Authentic Side of Bangkok
JUST RELEASED ON KINDLE!
Made with love by travelers for travelers! The purpose of my guides is to let you live large on a budget. I focus on activities that give you insight into the land, people, and culture.
Return policy: No risk, 30 Day, 100% Money Back Guarantee
Details: 110 pages of expert budget travel advice with maps
Wondering how you’re going to get around Bangkok or make the most of your visit? Are you worried about getting stuck in tourist areas? Getting scammed? Or eating at the wrong street stall and getting sick?
Crowded and chaotic, Bangkok is often mischaracterized as a place with only temples, massage parlors, barely any tourist attractions, chaos, traffic, pollution, and parties. Most visitors never get past that image because they get caught up in the tourist / backpacker trail, and, in doing so, mostly use Thailand’s bustling capital as a hub for travel around Southeast Asia.
But, when you do this, you miss out on all Bangkok has to offer.
You miss out on the best — and cheapest parts — of Bangkok.
There’s a reason why people who stay longer love it so much. In Bangkok, giant shopping malls and modern high-rises share streets with 200-year-old village houses, vendors, and food stalls. The place is like an onion: you have to peel back layers to really get to know and understand it. Bangkok is a city that opens itself up when you ditch the typical tourist path.
I used to hate Bangkok until, on my third visit, wanting to learn Thai, I decided to stay for a month. I didn’t leave until nine months later. The following year I moved back again, and there hasn’t been a year since I haven’t visited this city.
It has become one of my favorite places in the world.
I have watched Bangkok change, grow, and expand. I know it like the back of my hand and used my personal experience to write this direct and straightforward guide so you can visit this exotic city like a local, avoid tourist traps, and save money.
This guide is meant for travelers looking to see the most of Bangkok. I share all my best tips, tricks, and secret spots so you don’t have to make rookie mistakes like falling for the tuk-tuk temple scam or being overcharged for a riverboat cruise. You’ll see the local side of the city as I take you off the tourist trail and show you Bangkok’s inner world.
What’s in this Bangkok Guidebook?
- Budget advice – Use these money-saving tips and suggested budgets. You’ll learn how much you’ll need for your trip and ways to make it last longer!
- Suggested itineraries – Get two-, three-, and five-day itineraries to make planning and navigating as easy as possible so you don’t miss the really great stuff.
- Neighborhood information – Get the lowdown on all of Bangkok’s neighborhoods: where to go and what to see. Learn where to stay, where to eat, where to shop, and where to avoid!
- Nightlife tips – Get away from all the tourists and hang out with locals and expats with this nightlife list featuring bars, clubs, outdoor beer gardens, and cocktail lounges. If I know anything, it’s where to get a good drink!
- Restaurant suggestions – Get all the city’s best street stalls, markets, and restaurants, from my favorite pad thai vendor to the best sushi and best soup and everything in between. Don’t settle for crappy noodles in the backpacker mecca of Khao San Road!
- Related books and movies – Get inspired for your trip with these incredible books and movies about the City of Angels!
- The best things to see and do – Explore Bangkok’s unique, beautiful, inexpensive, and overlooked sights. I suggest unique things to see and do that aren’t found in the other mass-produced guides.
- A history of Bangkok – Learn the history of Bangkok and how it became the bustling metropolis it is today. After all, you can’t know a place unless you know its history.
- Accommodation suggestions – Check out this list of my favorite, unique budget-friendly places to stay, including hostels, guesthouses, hotels, and family-friendly accommodations.
- Transportation advice – I’ll have you mastering taxis, tuk-tuks, buses, riverboats, local ridesharing apps, and the subway in no time!
- Practical information – No matter how prepared you think you are, things can go wrong and customs can get overlooked. Get the essential tips that make guidebooks so useful: information on tipping, visas, public holidays, embassies, currencies, emergency numbers, business hours, weather, and much, much more.
Start Planning Today
This book cuts out the fluff found in other guidebooks and gets straight to the practical information you need. You can get this guide for your phone, Kindle, iPad, or computer so can access it on the road. Learn everything you need to know about Bangkok for only $5.99 — and save hundreds on your dream trip.
“I spent some time researching where to go and what to do on the internet before my trips, but didn’t find anything as specific as the Nomadic Matt guides. I really appreciated all of the free information on his website, and found the guides to be a great value. Not too expensive, and a good amount of knowledge to digest while traveling. I’ll buy another guide in the future when I’m traveling again!” — Jonathan
Frequently Asked Questions
What makes your guide different?
What makes you an expert on Bangkok?
What’s the difference between this guide and the information on this site?
How will this save me money?
Is this guide available in print?
Are there special coupons inside?
If I have any questions or concerns, can I contact you?
How frequently is this guide updated?