I loved Amsterdam from the moment I first wandered into the city in 2006. Every year since then, I’ve returned to this beautiful city. I’ve lived there, I have local friends, and even lead tours there now (fun fact: I was a professional poker player there too!). I know the city like the back of my hand and used my personal experience to write this direct and straightforward guidebook for people who want to be more than just a tourist.
Amsterdam is one of the most visually stunning cities in the world. Old brick buildings gaze over a patchwork of canals lined with tiny cobblestone streets and alleys. Wandering the streets as you zigzag through the city, you’ll feel as though you’ve stepped back into the 17th century and might see members of the historic Dutch East India Company around the next corner. It’s a truly magical place and I want you to love it the way I love it. I want you to experience it the way it’s meant to be experienced – the Dutch way!
Amsterdam has something for everyone and this book will give you all that on a budget. It shares the hidden secrets of the city and offers an authentic local experience into quaint cafes, beautiful parks, and architecture, and overlooked sights.
This comprehensive guide features insider tips on places to eat, stay, and play. I’ll give you local, off the beaten path knowledge to help you move around the city, get away from the tourists, and find the places listed in no other guidebook.
What’s in this Amsterdam Guide?
- A history of Amsterdam – Learn about the local culture and history in a short introduction on the city and guides to each of its neighborhoods.
- Budgeting advice – Suggested amounts for every budget and money saving tips will help you have the best experience possible while not breaking the bank.
- Suggested Itineraries – Two, Three, and Five-day itineraries are included to make planning your trip and managing your time while you’re there as easy as possible.
- The best things to see and do – Explore the unique, beautiful, inexpensive, and overlooked sights of the city to make your trip unforgettable.
- Neighborhood information – Get the low down on all of Amsterdam’s best neighborhoods with where to go, when to go, and what to see.
- Accommodation suggestions – Find the best accommodation for your wallet with advice from a professional budget traveler.
- Food tips – This city is full of delicious, cheap food. I’ll tell you where my favorite restaurants and places to eat are so you can enjoy the mouthwatering local cuisine.
- Bars and clubs – Drinking and partying abroad is often expensive but it doesn’t have to be. I’ll tell you how to drink like a local and save at the most unique nightlife locales in the city.
- Transportation advice – When traveling, using public transport to get around is often a stressful and confusing ordeal. Learn all the cheapest routes and options ahead of time.
- Practical Information – No matter how prepared you think you are for traveling to particular countries, things can go wrong and customs can get overlooked. You’ll always be prepared with this extensive list of important information for travelers.
- Related books and movies – Get inspired for your trip by watching some the best movies and books about Amsterdam that I’ve ever watched and read.
Plan Your Amsterdam Trip Today!
This book will help you navigate Amsterdam like a local, avoid the crowds, and save money so you can travel cheaper, better, and smarter!
Last Updated: May 24, 2018, free updates
Format: PDF (Instant download to your device, works on Kindle)
Return policy: No risk, 14 Day, 100% Money Back Guarantee