They say only in San Francisco for a reason. Known for culture, music and diversity, picturesque views throughout the city, San Francisco is an eclectic city to visit. This city is “out there.” There are a lot of alternative lifestyles here, lots of hippies, and tons of college students. Throw in a very liberal bend and you are going to get one of the funkiest and coolest cities in America.
- Hostel Prices:Dorm rooms cost between $20-$27 and private rooms $80 per night for a double room.
- Budget Hotel Prices: Budget hotels cost between $60-90 USD per night for a double room. Use this site for finding cheap hotels in San Francisco.
- Average Cost of Food: San Francisco offers quite a few budget menus and moderately priced eateries to its visitors. Chinese food is very good here, and tends to be less expensive than other choices.
- Public Transportation Cost: The SFMTA applies to buses, metros, and historic streetcars. You can buy an adult pass for $2. Or you can but a 1-day pass for $14, 3-day pass for $22, or a 7-day pass for $28.
Money Saving Tips
- Seek out the free events - Union Square is a prime hot spot where you will find exhibits or various other forms of free entertainment. This is also a prime area to see the works of local artists.
- Use public transportation - It is incredibly expensive to park in San Francisco, and with some of the best public transportation in the country, it’s better to skip getting a car.
Top Things to Do
- Visit Fisherman’s Warf, Pier 39, and Ghirardelli Square – This covers numerous blocks along the waterfront and one of the most popular free things to do in the city. There are street performers, souvenir shops, and tons of restaurants.
- Walk the Golden Gate Bridge - The Golden Gate Bridge is be one of San Francisco’s most famous locations as well as a piece of engineering art. You must take a walk on the Golden Gate Bridge while you are there. Don’t forget to go to the Golden Gate National Recreation Area, which offers waterfront promenades, great views of the bridge, and hiking.
Other Destinations in the United States
|Boston||Chicago||Hawaii||Las Vegas||Los Angeles||Miami||New York City|