Remember last year when I gave away all 400,000 of my American Airlines frequent flier miles? Well, I’m doing it again. Every year on the anniversary of when I left on my trip back in 2006, I decided I will give away my current balance of frequent flier miles so that other people can go out and explore the world too.
I rarely use my miles. I care more about elite flier status so I can get upgrades and lounge access rather than having miles for free flights. I want those perks on every flight I fly, not just the ones I use miles for.
So instead of having my miles just accumulate, I want to give them away because I want other people to experience the wonder of travel just like I have.
As of today, I have 55,000 AMEX membership reward points and 80,000 United MileagePlus points. All of which I am giving away.
What do you win?
First Prize: One round trip economy class ticket on a Star Alliance airline anywhere in the world.
Second Prize: One round trip domestic economy class ticket.
(Note: For the purposes of this contest, the word “domestic” means the following: Australia, Canada, China, India, and United States – within your own country, European Country – anywhere in Europe, Southeast Asian Country – within the region, Africa – within the half of the continent closest to you, New Zealand – your country plus the east coast of Australia, East Asia – within the region, Central America – the region plus North or South America, South America – within the continent).
How do you win?
THIS CONTEST IS OVER! THANKS EVERYONE WHO ENTERED!
Who can enter?
Anyone 18 years of age or older with a valid passport at the time of drawing. This contest is open to citizens of the world – doesn’t matter where you are from.
Picking the Winner
All entries must be in by August 6st. I will pick a winner on August 15th. You must book your trip with me by October 1st, 2012, but I don’t care when you actually depart on your trip.
All that Other Legal Fine Print
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You must have a valid passport.
- All visa issues and costs related to your destination are the responsibility of the winner.
- All airline ticket dates and bookings are subject to availability.
- All ticket change fees are the responsibility of the winning party and are not liable by me.
- Winner absolves me of any and all liability regarding accidents, mishaps, problems with airlines, and anything that might be bad in the universe to them prior, during, and after their trip.
- Void where prohibited.
- If the winner does not meet the entry requirements or rules, he/she forfeits their ticket and a new winner will be chosen.
- Once the ticket is bought, winner accepts all responsibility for any and all fees or contact with the participating airline.
- Winners of one prize are ineligible to win the other.
- Nomadic Matt is not responsible for any expenses beyond the cost of the ticket.