I’ve been in the giving mood lately. Last month, I gave away all my frequent flier miles. This month I am going to give away a free twelve-day trip to Europe with two of the companies I partner with – Hostelworld (my preferred accommodation booking site) and Vayama (my preferred flight booking site).
As you all know, I love Europe – it’s one of my favorite regions of the world and I visit every year. A year without spending time somewhere in Europe is not a good year for me. There is just so much cultural diversity, history, and mouth-watering food.
So I want to share that love of Europe and help send you to some of the places that took my breath away — in hopes of having them take yours away too.
So on to the good stuff…
A twelve-day European trip to Budapest, Prague, and Vienna. Hostels (private rooms in Aboriginal Hostel, PLUS Prague and Wombat’s City Hostel – The Base), Eurail pass, and round trip airfare provided. You will fly into Prague and out of Budapest.
Who Can Win?
Anyone 18+ with a valid passport who is eligible to visit the Shengen area of Europe.
How Do You Win?
- Create a blog post or video telling me why you want to go and what you plan to do while there. Your entry must contain a link back to this announcement page.
- Post your submission on your blog, YouTube, Vimeo, Tumblr, or any other public social website.
- E-mail the link to me at [email protected]
- Cross your fingers and hope you win.
Important Contest Dates
This contest runs from August 20th until September 15th, 2012 THIS CONTEST IS CLOSED! THANKS FOR PARTICIPATING! A winner will be picked on October 1st, 2012. You can depart on your trip from October 15th, 2012 onward. Your trip must be completed by April 30th, 2013.
How the Winner is Picked
My assistant and I will select the best and winning entry based on the following criteria:
Originality – Be creative, be funny, be original. Be different! Stand out.
Hilarity – I like funny people. A funny, witty entry about why you should be picked will be considered more than a dry entry saying you should win “because you want to go.”
Unique Angle – Going to these locations to listen to all the jazz clubs or try every kebab place in each city? Having unique things to do and see will help make you stand out more.
I ran a contest like this in past. You can click here to get an idea of what entries made it to the finals.
The winner will be required to produce 3 blog posts and/or videos about their trip and publish them on the platform their winning entry was created on (i.e. if you have blog, they go on your blog. A YouTube page, your YouTube page, and so forth).
All That Legal Stuff
- You must be 18 years of age or older.
- You must have a valid passport.
- You must be eligible to enter Europe.
- All elements of the prize are subject to availability, non-transferable, and there are no cash alternatives.
- Winner absolves Nomadic Matt, Vayama, and Hostelworld of any and all liability regarding accidents, mishaps, problems with airlines, and anything that might be bad in the universe prior to, during, and after their trip.
- Void where prohibited.
- Nomadic Matt, Vayama, and Hostelworld are not responsible for any expenses beyond those mentioned in this article.
- Hostelworld.com does not provide, own or run any NomadicMatt.com services. The Participant’s contract is with NomadicMatt.com, the Promoter, and not with Hostelworld.com. It is the Promoter’s responsibility to provide the Participant with any services. Hostelworld.com is not a party to the contract between the Participant and NomadicMatt.com and has no responsibility.
- The accommodation is fully run and owned by Aboriginal Hostel, PLUS Prague and Wombat’s City Hostel – The Base. The Participant’s contract for the accommodation services is with the accommodation service provider, Aboriginal Hostel, PLUS Prague and Wombat’s City Hostel – The Base, and not with Hostelworld.com. Hostelworld.com is not a party to the contract between the Participant and the accommodation services provider and has no responsibility or liability to the Participant in respect of the terms of that contract whether directly or indirectly.
- Accommodation is sponsored by Hostelworld.com and (Aboriginal Hostel, PLUS Prague and Wombat’s City Hostel – The Base), consists of 4 nights accommodation in each (private) between October 15th, 2012 and April 30th, 2013.
More About Our Partners
Vayama is an international flight search engine that is always the first place I go when I look for international flights. They almost always have cheaper deals than their competitors and their results are listed on big aggregators like Kayak. Their ability to find great fares and rock bottom special deals are exactly why I partnered with them. Visit their website to book your flight and follow them on Facebook to stay abreast of any offers.
Hostelworld has been my booking engine of choice for a while because they always have the best inventory and I love their user interface. They are the clear leader in hostel bookings and also offer campsites, guesthouses, and budget hotels. Visit their website to book your accommodation and follow them on Facebook to stay abreast of all their latest offers.