As many of you know, a couple of months ago I ended my long-standing partnership with G Adventures. We both were going in different directions and they were no longer a fit for this website. What is important for me is to work with a company that has a great product and wants to work with this community and help us travel cheaper.
To that end, today, I’m officially announcing my new partnership with Intrepid Travel. Intrepid Travel is a small group tour operator with over 800 tours all over the world, has better prices than G Adventures, and also features strong commitment to the environment (they recently banned elephant rides from all their tours).
Intrepid is now the official tour partner of this site and, as such, will be offering a standing 10% off all their tours over $500 USD as well as free trip giveaways throughout the year. To get 10% off, use the discount code “11680” when you call their reservation line or book online.
I’ve always been a fan of Intrepid from afar and have encountered their tours all over the world. Now, I must admit, I haven’t taken a tour with them yet; we weren’t able to fit a tour into my calendar this summer, but in December I’m going on this same Morocco trip with them. However, when I announced the upcoming partnership back in June, many of you said you had been on their tours and loved them. I know many travel writers who hold them in high regard and I have trusted friends that work there. While I would like to have been on a tour before I announced this partnership, you overwhelmingly came out in favor of them, so I’ll trust your community as you often do mine and begin this partnership now. I don’t want you all to wait until December to start saving money.
And to kick off our new partnership, we’re giving away a trip for TWO people to Morocco.
Yup, two people to Morocco! So if you win, take a friend/loved one.
The Prize: A 15 day “Best of Morocco” tour!!
Day 1 Casablanca
Welcome to Morocco. Discover the Art Deco influences of this metropolis. Head out on personal explorations through Casablanca’s heart and admire some of its architectural gems, including the beautiful Hassan II Mosque and the imposing Cathédrale du Sacré Coeur.
Day 2 Rabat/Meknes
Stroll through Rabat’s serene kasbah before journeying to Meknes, the former capital of Morocco and the site of Sultan Moulay Ismail’s palace.
Days 3-4 Volubilis/Fes
Travel back to the days of the Roman Empire on a guided tour of the ruins of Volubilis. In medieval Fes, wander the narrow alleyways of the medina as the call to prayer floats over Fes el-Bali at dusk.
Day 5 Midelt
Journey through Morocco’s cedar forests in the Middle Atlas Mountains to the peaceful, rural village of Midelt. Stop by a handicraft workshop run by Franciscan nuns – a great place to pick up a beautifully crafted souvenir.
Day 6 Sahara Camp
After a camel ride into the Sahara desert, attempt a climb of the towering dunes. Later, fall asleep in a desert camp under a blanket of stars.
Days 7-8 Todra Gorge
Wake early and watch a golden sunrise over the desert before heading to the impressive palmeries of Todra Gorge. Feel like burning some energy? Why not go for a hike or try rock-climbing.
Day 9 Ait Benhaddou
Pass through Morocco’s film capital, Ouarzazate, on the way to the ancient fortified city of Ait Benhaddou. Explore the streets of this clay kasbah at a relaxed pace, then finish off the day with a meal of delicious couscous.
Day 10 Aroumd
Farewell the Sahara and head to the hills. Perched on a rocky outcrop, remote Aroumd offers stunning views across Morocco. This is the perfect base for exploring the High Atlas Mountains and a chance to experience traditional Berber culture up close.
Days 11-12 Essaouira
With its Norfolk Island pines and colourful fishing boats, relaxed Essaouira is a gem. Get acquainted with the town’s fascinating history on a guided walking tour and then enjoy free time to wander along the beach, visit art galleries or feast on freshly caught seafood.
Days 13-15 Marrakech
Explore the tantalising spice market in Marrakech and dine al fresco at a food stall in Djemaa el-Fna, or escape the buzz of the city in the shaded rooms of the Palais de la Bahia, a superb example of ornate Muslim architecture.
How do you win?
To enter to win this prize, you’ll need to enter your e-mail address into the form below. After you enter the form, you’ll also be able to earn extra entries by sharing the contest on Facebook and Twitter.
The contest goes from today to Thursday, August 21st at 11:59 pm EST. A winner will be chosen at random using the website random.org by Monday, August 25th.
Terms, Conditions, and Legal Mumbo Jumbo
- You must be 18 years of age or older.
- You must have a valid passport.
- You must be legally able to enter Morocco.
- All elements of the prize are non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives.
- Winner absolves Nomadic Matt and Intrepid Travel of any and all liability regarding accidents, mishaps, problems with airlines, and anything that might be bad in the universe prior to, during, and after their trip.
- Void where prohibited.
- You agree to receive updates from Nomadic Matt or Intrepid Travel by email in the future. You can unsubscribe any time you want.
- Any associated visa costs are the responsibility of the winner.
- Flights are not included.
- Costs not included in the tour are responsible by the winner.
- Travel must be booked by Aug 1 2015 and taken before Sept 30 2015
- The offer is subject to availability and confirmation by Intrepid at time of booking. There must be at least 4 fully paying passengers on the selected departure before winners can be booked. Winners cannot be booked during blackout dates:
- 15th December 2014 to 24th January 2015
- 12th April 2015 to 3rd May 2015
- Offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other discounts or special offers.
- Offer applies to published itinerary price. Excludes extra items such as airfares, trip kitties, travel insurance, extra accommodation, single supplements, visas, etc.
- As outlined in the Intrepid Travel Booking Conditions, travel insurance is compulsory for all Intrepid Travel travelers and a travel insurance policy should be arranged prior to or at the time of booking. Please see Booking Conditions for more details in this regard.
- Passenger subject to regular terms and conditions of Intrepid Travel.