SEE THE WORLD ON YOUR OWN TERMS
Do you dream of traveling the world? Do you worry about your safety? Are you unsure you have what it takes to do it solo? Does all the violence in the world make you second guess yourself.
When I first decided to travel the world alone several years ago, I was just like you — nervous, scared, and unsure if I was going to make it out alive. People worried I would end up like characters in the movie Taken, raped, or worse.
“It’s a dangerous world. Haven’t you seen the news?” friends and family would say to me.
Their fears and doubts were infectious and I began to second guess myself.
I was so scared and worried by their comments that it took me a full year to work up the courage to finally start planning my trip.
I know what it’s like to want to travel more but worry that doing it solo is too risky or unsafe – because I’ve been there.
Hi! I’m Kristin Addis and I write the monthly column on solo female travel for this website. I’ve covered WWOOFing in South Africa, hitchhiking in China, addressed safety tips, given packing tips, and so much more.
I always wished there was an all-inclusive guide that could answer every travel and safety question I had because I had many. I was looking for reassurance that everything was going to be OK, and wanted someone to make the planning process simple for me, so that I could feel more confident about my trip – after all, before this I was as green as they come!
Fast forward three years and I’ve hitchhiked around China, driven a car across South Africa, trekked for weeks in Nepal without a guide, learned how to say “thank you” in nearly 40 languages, and met many amazing people along the way, all while traveling on my own.
I’ve learned over the years that all those fears in my head were for not and with some common sense thinking, a few secret tips and tricks, and an understanding of how travel works, ANYONE can travel the world.
Whether you’re going away for two weeks, two months, on a girl’s trip, or want to backpack solo, it’s easier – and safer – than you think!
Conquering Mountains: A Guide to Solo Female Travel
After years of solo traveling, writing a widely read solo female travel blog (named one of the Top 10 Vagabonding Blogs by USA Today), and serving as an expert on solo female travel for the likes of the BBC, Trip Advisor for Business, Wise Bread, BuzzFeed, Huffington Post, and many others, I realized that wasn’t enough. I realized women travels needed something more – they needed a book that catered to their needs, desires, fears, and dreams. Most of the travel guides out there are written by men. They are too general and can’t relate to the concerns female travelers have before they go away.
So I wrote this book, Conquering Mountains, as a way to bridge the gap. In your mind, there is a world in which you are carefree, traveling the world, eating incredible food, making lifelong friends, and being the confident solo traveler you know you are.
But you don’t know how to get to that place.
This book is the bridge that takes you from the novice unsure person at home to becoming one of the increasing number of women who decide to live their own adventure.
It gives practical tips about how to head off the beaten path, meet locals, and have unique, authentic experience and will help to kill your fears so that you can be the architect of your own adventure.
If you are worried about going solo, ruining future job prospects, risking your safety, and explaining your desire to see the world to friends and family who don’t understand, this guide is for you.
What’s in This Book
This A to Z guide on female travel will give you all the tools you need to becoming travel ninja! This book will help you:
- Learn how to get over the fear of traveling alone quickly and effectively.
- Discover how to build the self-confidence you need to embark on the journey of a lifetime.
- Deal with naysayers painlessly and effectively.
- Master the art of saving up with easy, little-known tips and tricks to jump-start and streamline the process.
- Learn how to travel for free, with an entire section devoted to working, living, and volunteering on the road.
- Use money-stretching financial tips from Harvard-educated experts, banking advice, and tips on how to keep costs down.
- Earn more while traveling by exploring a multitude of creative ways to tap into the sharing economy.
- Make your résumé shine, using my expert tips to leverage your travels.
- Plan your trip with regional, ticketing, and budgeting advice from top solo female travel experts and get sample packing lists, healthcare advice, and every little detail you need to take care of before embarking.
- Meet others easily using the tried-and-true tips I’ve developed over three years of solo traveling.
- Stay safe with extensive resources on how to avoid being a target and how to deal with things going wrong quickly and painlessly.
- Stay connected with friends and family while abroad easily—and for free!
- Save time with the links and resources in the book — your one-stop guide to a successful solo journey.
- Ensure that you have the trip of a lifetime and don’t miss out, thanks to a section dedicated to maximizing the solo journey.
The information in this book was compiled using my own firsthand experience after years of successful solo travel, but I didn’t stop there. I also asked 15 other well-established solo traveling women to give me their best advice – and they are extensively quoted throughout the book.
This guide delves deeply into safety, features packing lists created especially for women, and helps you to have the most enriching solo travel experience possible.
GET STARTED TODAY!!
This book is available for your computer, Kindle, iPad, or any other electronic device you have for a one time payment of $14.99! This book will put all the best information in one place, help you conquer your fears, find the money to travel, and save you hundreds of dollars by avoiding costly rookie mistakes. It also comes with lifetime updates so if I ever make a change, you’ll get a new version sent right to you!
GET ACCESS NOW
Money Back Guarantee
If you aren’t 100% satisfied with this book or find it helpful, email me within 14 days of purchasing and I will refund your money. I am that confident you will love this book but if you don’t and it doesn’t meet your needs, I’ll happily and quickly refund your money.
BONUS: 6 in-depth case studies!
With this book, you’ll get detailed profiles on how these six women saved for their trip, conquered their fears, traveled the world, and what advice they have for you!
- Christine, 27, USA
- Marilynn, 67, USA
- Dijana, 34, Bosnia
- Tara, 21, Canada
- Jaimee 27, USA
- Wilaiwan, 54, Thailand
This is your chance to know yourself better, meet people from all over the world, experience amazing kindness, and develop strength and perseverance that you might have never known you had.
Whether you’re embarking on an endless trip or taking a shorter introductory jaunt, solo traveling is one of life’s greatest gifts!