Explore the laid back Caribbean
The Virgin Islands are beautiful, rustic, and a true Caribbean paradise. On these islands, you can hike, swim in crystal blue water, dive, sail, and kick back with a refreshing rum drink while you watch the sunset.
This chain of islands consists of US-owned and British-owned sections are popular stops for the rich; cruise ships; Americans looking to drink, work, or “study”; boaties; and wanderers looking for paradise.
Yet these beautiful islands don’t have to be as expensive as they appear in the magazines. Underneath the surface, the beauty of these islands can be had for fraction of the price you see advertised – without forgoing all that makes these islands a draw in the first place!
From couchsurfing and camping to hitchhiking on boats and consuming more food and rum than I thought was humanly possible, this book is the product of in-depth research that takes you off the beaten path, away from the resorts, and to the heart of this wonderful place.
With this guidebook, you’ll get a look at the Virgin Islands the way they are meant to be seen. This book is for the intrepid traveler who wants not only to see the main sites but get to know the culture, get off the well-traveled tourist trail, and have a fun time that also produces a deeper understanding of the place.
The Virgin Islands are one of the most gorgeous areas in the world, and regular guidebooks to them are often out of date and geared towards the mass market and people who want to stay in resorts and eat fancy meals. This guide is for the intrepid, budget traveler because it is written by one — me! I’ve spent time uncovering the country so you can walk in armed with the best information available!
What’s in this Virgin Islands’ Guide?
- A history of the Virgin Islands – Start off with a historical overview of how the islands got to where they are today for a deeper understanding of the people and place.
- Budgeting advice – Get suggested budgets for various spending levels as well as money-saving tips that will help you have the best experience without breaking the bank.
- Suggested itineraries – You’ll get one-week, two-week, one-month, and two-month suggested itineraries to help you plan your trip.
- The best things to see and do – Get the scoop on all the unique, beautiful, inexpensive, and overlooked sights to make your trip unforgettable.
- Accommodation suggestions – Get a list of the best lodgings for your wallet.
- Food tips – The islands are full of delicious, cheap food. I’ll tell you where my favorite restaurants are so you can enjoy mouthwatering local cuisine you unique to this area.
- Bars and clubs – Drinking and partying abroad is often expensive, but it doesn’t have to be. Learn where the locals drinks and the best happy hour deals are so you can relax with your rum and not an empty wallet.
- Transportation advice – Learn all the cheapest routes and options to get around.
- Practical information – No matter how prepared you think you are, things can go wrong and local customs can get overlooked. You’ll always be prepared with this extensive list of important information for travelers.
- Related books and movies – Get inspired for your trip by watching some the best movies and reading the most useful and inspiring books about the Virgin Islands that I’ve ever watched and read.
The Virgin Islands don’t need to be an expensive island paradise. There are many ways to make it an affordable vacation. This guide will help you do so.
Buy Now for Only $6.99
Get this guidebook as a PDF to read on any device. You’ll be able to access it on the road and have it for life!
What makes your guide different? It caters to budget travelers and helps those previously discouraged by financial limitations to make their travel dreams come true. In addition, all of the information included in this guide is from first-hand experience by a professional nomad and best-selling author (i.e., me!).
What’s the difference between this guide and the information on this site? While the website has a lot of good information on the Virgin Islands, it doesn’t offer specific accommodation, restaurant, or bar recommendations; neighborhood information; itineraries; or extensive money-saving tips. It doesn’t give any sort of background on the history of Virgin Islands, tell you anything about the culture there, or go over important information like customs, laws, visas, and emergency contacts.
How frequently are these guides updated? The comprehensive guides are updated yearly. This one was last updated in September 2016.
How will this save me money? This guide was written for budget travelers by a budget traveler. It includes cheaper options for food, activities, and accommodation, as well as tips to save money while still having a high-quality travel experience.
Is this guide available in print? No, it is only available as an e-book (for PDF).
Are there any discount coupons inside? No, there are not. However, there are plenty of tips included to help you save money!
If I have any questions or concerns, can I contact you? Of course! You can contact me via email anytime at [email protected] and I’ll answer any questions you might have.