Explore the Authentic Side of Amsterdam
I loved Amsterdam from the moment I first wandered into the city in 2006. Every year since then, I’ve returned – and even lead tours there now. And, for a short time, I lived there (fun fact: I was a professional poker player there too!). I know the city like the back of my hand and used my personal experience to write this direct and straightforward guidebook.
Amsterdam is one of the most visually stunning cities in the world. Old brick buildings gaze over a patchwork of canals lined with tiny cobblestone streets and alleys. Wandering the streets as you zigzag through the city, you’ll feel as though you’ve stepped back into the 17th century and might see members of the historic Dutch East India Company around the next corner. It’s a truly magical place and I want you to love it the way I love it. I want you to experience it the way it’s meant to be experienced – the Dutch way!
Amsterdam has something for everyone and this book will give you all that on a budget. It shares the hidden secrets of the city and offers an authentic local experience into quaint cafes, beautiful parks and architecture, and overlooked sights.
This comprehensive guide features insider tips on places to eat, stay, and play. I’ll give you local, off the beaten path knowledge to help you move around the city, get away from the tourists, and find the places listed in no other guidebook.
What’s in this Amsterdam Guide?
- A history of Amsterdam – Learn about the local culture and history in a short introduction on the city and guides to each of its neighborhoods.
- Budgeting advice – Suggested amounts for every budget and money saving tips will help you have the best experience possible while not breaking the bank.
- Suggested Itineraries – Two, Three, and Five day itineraries are included to make planning your trip and managing your time while you’re there as easy as possible.
- The best things to see and do – Explore the unique, beautiful, inexpensive, and overlooked sights of the city to make your trip unforgettable.
- Neighborhood information – Get the low down on all of Amsterdam’s best neighborhoods with where to go, when to go, and what to see.
- Accommodation suggestions – Find the best accommodation for your wallet with advice from a professional budget traveler.
- Food tips – This city is full of delicious, cheap food. I’ll tell you where my favorite restaurants and places to eat are so you can enjoy the mouthwatering local cuisine.
- Bars and clubs – Drinking and partying abroad is often expensive but it doesn’t have to be. I’ll tell you how to drink like a local and save at the most unique nightlife locales in the city.
- Transportation advice – When traveling, using public transport to get around is often a stressful and confusing ordeal. Learn all the cheapest routes and options ahead of time.
- Practical Information – No matter how prepared you think you are for traveling to particular countries, things can go wrong and customs can get overlooked. You’ll always be prepared with this extensive list of important information for travelers.
- Related books and movies – Get inspired for your trip by watching some the best movies and books about Amsterdam that I’ve ever watched and read.
Plan Your Amsterdam Trip Today!
Get this $6.99 guidebook for your Kindle or as a PDF to read on any device AND be able to access it on the road. This book will help you navigate Amsterdam like a local, avoid the crowds, and save money so you can travel cheaper, better, and smarter!
What makes your guide different? It caters to budget travelers and helps those previously discouraged by financial budgets to make their travel dreams come true. In addition, all of the information included in this guide is from first-hand experience by a professional nomad and best-selling author (i.e. me!).
What makes you an expert on Amsterdam? I’ve been to Amsterdam more times than I can count, lived there for half a year, and run tours to the city each year. All of the recommendations in this guide are my personal favorite places to go, see, eat, and drink.
What’s the difference between this guide and the information on this site? While the website has a lot of good information on Amsterdam, it doesn’t offer specific accommodation, restaurant, bar recommendations, neighborhood information, itineraries, and extensive money saving tips. It doesn’t give any sort of background on the history of Amsterdam, tell you anything about the culture there, or go over important information like customs, laws, visa, and emergency information. The 80-page guidebook goes into way more detail than a couple thousand word blog posts can!
How frequently are these guides updated? The comprehensive guides are updated yearly to include the most up-to-date information. It was last updated in September 2016.
How will this save me money? This guide was written for budget travelers by a budget traveler. It includes cheaper options for food, activities, and accommodation, as well as tips to save money while still having a high-quality travel experience.
Is this guide available in print? No, it is only available as an e-book (for PDF or Kindle).
Are there any discount coupons inside? Unfortunately, there are not. However, there are plenty of tips included to help you save money!
If I have any questions or concerns, can I contact you? Of course! You can contact me via email anytime at [email protected] and I’ll answer any questions you might have.